Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Delivered My First Baby Girl


February 21, 2012
My first day of duty with my clinical instructor, Ma’am Apple Saquing. 3pm-11pm. I was late, didn’t have the chance to go to the courtesy call and went straight to the Health Center. I have nothing in mind really when I went there because I was really not prepared for anything, I don;t have my lab gown, I’m late, I’m rubbish, as always.
our professor oriented us on how to prepare things for the delivery of the baby, how to do it and how to clean up the mess. Also she taught us how to chart the case(s) we will be having. We had to pick someone who’ll be the first to do this. Okay, I was the first one. Okay, CHALLENGED ACCEPTED. I just hope no one will labor today. Suddenly, a woman went in the door and shouting “manganganak na ako!” I WAS LITERALLY OUT OF MY MIND! I am not even physically and emotionally prepared for this! Oh well, better do it tho. I am seeing the child’s head and in a matter of minutes, it was done! Baby Out 7:33pm.
That was a chilling experience.
RPST

No comments:

Post a Comment