Monday, March 26, 2012

Movie Review for The Hunger Games (Most anticipated movie of the year)


Hunger Games Poster
Katniss EverdeenPeeta Mellark
Movie Review for The Hunger Games (Most anticipated movie of the year)
Director: Gary Ross
I read the book, okay. So don’t hate me for this.
Everyone’s stating that the “movie” The Hunger Games was really good, they cannot even comment on how good it really was. Do not confuse yourself. I AM A FAN OF THE HUNGER GAMES. But I have my thoughts on the movie. 
The movie was good only on the part of the director sticking on the original story of the book. I do not know why but I was not moved by the movie. Yeah, there are times when I shouted at the movie house just because Katniss has been seen by the Careers or like Katniss had stepped on Peeta’s face but I have my own personal views.
Good Points:
1.) The movie was really based on the book, I mean literally everything on screen was in the book.
2.) Technology wise, yes, they have come up of the future’s technology.
3.) The emotions on the scene of the “Reaping” was outstanding. I can never imagine anyone in the role of Katniss Everdeen.
4.) The first scene up to the 3-minute meeting with Primrose was great. I know that the audience loved it because emotions were pouring out.
5.) I never imagined that the dress was black at the first showing of the tributes. I imagined it as a Red Dress but whoa! That was really cool though.
6.) Rue’s death is something so pure. I was moved by them being allies and the singing of Katniss’ song. But I will always prefer (if I should compare) Dobby’s and Snapes’ death on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Not so Good Points:
1.) It’s as if I am watching an Indie movie. Shakiness of the camera was all over the place but Gary Ross intentionally did that to make it look like it’s a first person view.
2.) There are lots of boring scenes that I cannot handle. Lots of cuts on the movie. Like, Peeta’s dad had a 3-minute meeting with Katniss and gave her cookies. I was just disappointed.
3.) Transition of emotions were not that great. For example, Katniss and Peeta kissing in the cave then Gale’s scene with his lonely face comes up. I think it was like that for 2-3 times. How can we even appreciate the love of Peeta and Katniss when suddenly the scene was shifted to Gale. I understand it was a sneak-peek for the Catching Fire but the audience’s emotions were interrupted. And this scenes were just shown for 30seconds-1minute so how can audience level up their feelings?
3.) While reading the book, I always imagined that each tributes death was so harsh and brutal. But when in the scene where the Games started, the running-for-your-life “feelings” of the audience was lost because the first murders were not very well focused and in that scene, background music was playing, no music of fighting and horror of being murdered and the like.
4.) I always loved the story where Katniss and Peeta were willing to die when they nearly swallowed the berries but it wasn’t in the movie. In the book Katniss said, “You didnt swallow it?” Peeta: “No.” I was expecting a nearly dead lovers on the ground, holding out the berries but no it was just all been cut.
I am a fan, personal views only.
RPST

No comments:

Post a Comment